○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Loner Lonely Without His X

Well, we all know that it is a fact of life that the X-Box 360 console will eventually die... A premature death that is. My X-Box 360 Elite that I picked up in April 2007 died on me today while I was playing Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise with a buddy online. All of a sudden, there were green vertical lines on top of the graphics and when I restarted my console, I got the screen below.


It means "You are screwed" in plain English.

What upsets me the most is that Microsoft would only extend the console's warranty to 3 years if the console receives 3 flashing red rings instead of the one on mine. The different red ring displays would indicate different problems but Microsoft is just splitting hair. After talking to a condescending Microsoft representative who spoke terrible English - I assume from a call center in India - I learned that I have to pay $99 to get the console repaired. I didn't place the order right away with the guy since I threw up in my mouth a little talking to him. I went to the support website and placed the order there instead and got myself a $5 discount for doing so online. Thus, I ended up with a $94 bill and a long waiting time that I am certainly not looking forward to. I used to own a launch console that actually died due to the 3 red rings early in 2007 and got that replaced for free. I then sold it to a friend when I picked up the cooler looking Elite model. It went smoothly last time but it did take about a month for the whole process to see its completion. This means that I will have to get my Ikaruga fix on the Dreamcast even though that may mess up my play-style because of the differences between the two versions. I had planned to review Too Human in the next couple of days but now I have to move that to a later date. If you are wondering about that game, I will say that I really enjoyed it despite its glaring flaws.


The evil Microsoft eye.
Warning: Excessive staring may lead to life failures.

No comments: