○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, March 16, 2009

Games Played 03/13/2009

Gears of War 2 - X-Box 360
Ninja Blade Demo - X-Box 360*
Peggle Demo - X-Box 360**
Rock Band 2 - X-Box 360
R-Type Dimensions - X-Box 360
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X-Box 360
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - PlayStation 2
1942: Joint Strike - X-Box 360

*This game used to be my most anticipated game of the year - From Software rocks! - but oh dear, it's a Quick Time Event mess... Too many QTEs in between the action sequences so this is going to go to Severity 3 on my Purchase List when it comes out.

**Peggle is crazy fun. If you know what a pachinko machine is, then you will have a general idea of what this game is all about. I almost bought it on Steam last year so I will be getting this version pretty soon. I wish it was Peggle Extreme though because I love the quirky violence in that one.


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Enclave (2002)
Developer: Starbreeze Studios
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 02/28/2003


Why is it that you always have to start off in a prison cell?

I always have a soft spot for western role playing games, especially when it's an action based one. I didn't hurry to pick up Enclave though because I heard how sloppy it was so it took me almost half a year before I purchased it. This is one of those games that immediately repulses me as soon as I started playing it. I hated the control scheme and I mean I really, really hated it. The game controls like a first person shooter... Well, you can play it in first person mode but the pathetic view you get from it - wow, that is some ugly almost nonexistent sword swing! - really compels you to play it in third person view. I got a little motion sickness just playing with its wonky control scheme after half an hour and then I never touched the game again. On the bright side, the game still holds up quite well in the graphics department and after messing with it for an hour, it is definitely a game that I wouldn't mind playing and finishing. Perhaps the rise of first person shooters in console games over the years has made me immune to the control scheme.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: