○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Games Played 03/14/2009

Burnout Revenge - X-Box 360
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - X-Box 360
Frequency - PlayStation 2
Infinite Undicovery - X-Box 360
Gunpey - PSP
Rock Band 2 - X-Box 360
WTF - Work Time Fun - PSP


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


SSX Tricky (2001)
Developer: EA Canada
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 11/09/2001


A racing track this long with no evidence of graphical pop-ups? Very clever.

Though it is considered a sequel by the developer, I have always looked at SSX Tricky as a remake of SSX. My feeling about it was so strong during its release that I gave away the original game as gift to a good friend because I felt that do not have room for redundant things in my life... My life philosophy has changed since then and now, I regret not having the first game in my library but at the same time, it does feel silly to get that game again when I have a huge backlog of more recent games to pick up. SSX Tricky is the first game that truly showcases the heavy focus on stylish aesthetics for Electronic Arts with pitch-perfect presentations in all aspects of the production. It even gets a DTS sound matrix and bonus features. I consider it the best extreme snowboarding game ever made and none of its sequels are able to match the polished originality and high energy found in Tricky. The tracks are huge and the air time on some of them are just incredible. There are many memorable characters to choose from and they are voice acted by famous celebrities - this must have cost EA a lot of money because the celebrity voices are gone in the sequels. My favorite is Zoe Payne of course, voiced by the great Bif Naked!

LIBRARY STATUS: 5 out of 5

No comments: