○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Games Played 03/17/2009

Phantasy Star Universe - X-Box 360
Power Stone - Dreamcast
SSX Tricky - PlayStation 2


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Radiata Stories (2005)
Developer: tri-Ace Inc.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 09/09/2005


A game that rewards you for loitering about and nonchalantly kicking people around.

Radiata Stories is a game that I really like but I never get to finish it due to distractions from the newer games I got soon after its purchase. The troublesome thing about playing a role playing game for me is that I have to start it from the beginning again if I stopped playing it for a lengthy period of time. If I don't do that, I would feel disconnected from the game because I would have forgotten about the small plot details to make sense of what's happening around me. In the case of this game, I have already played it twice from the start and the farthest I have been was around 11 hours in. I am going to try and complete it this time around. Radiata Stories revolves around a newly inducted Radiata Knight by the name of Jack Russell who longs to be a legendary knight just like his dad was. The story is filled with offbeat humor but what I like the most is that the majority of your time is spent in one town where you can recruit over 100 unique characters to join your group. These characters have their own daily schedules and it is up to you to figure out the pattern of their individual lives and find out how you can convince them to join you. The battles are in real time and there are no random encounters so it is really easy for me to start playing this game again. It also helps that the game still looks absolutely stunning.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: