○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The RX-V671 is Here!

My Yamaha RX-V671 is finally here! Now, I can have both my PlayStation 3 and X-Box 360 running at 1080p again without connecting them straight to the display and without having the sound streamed out via additional cables. I haven't connected everything to it yet - the spouse rented The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 on Blu-ray and we decided to watch it in my Game Room so I had to stop working on it - but hopefully, by the end of day tomorrow, everything will be all set. The one thing that I made sure to try out though was the receiver's 1080p upconversion. I have only tested that for the PlayStation 2 and I must say that this receiver does a better job upconverting the games than my original PS3 model ever did. I ran Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria with the 1080p bump and everything looks crystal clear. Bear in mind that the engine is left untouched because this is just a signal upconversion compared to how immaculate things look using the PCSX2 on the Personal Computer. When it comes to the sound performance, this receiver definitely triumphs over my TX-SR674. After some quick calibration, I noticed that everything sounded clearer and the surround separation became a lot more distinct. So overall, I am quite happy with the RX-V671. I look forward to the continual aural bliss it could provide me for years and years to come.

Loving the display customization feature. No more generic input name.

No comments: