○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, May 26, 2012

L.G. Approved: Beat Hazard iOS

If you have an iPhone or an iPad, head over to the App Store now and download Beat Hazard Ultra from Cold Beam Games. It is currently being offered for free and if you have read my review of the Personal Computer version of the game, it is certainly one of the best, if not the best, music hybrid game in existence. I downloaded the game myself even though I already have it for the PC. I just want to provide a quick impression of this iOS version of the game. It's pretty much a carbon copy of the PC game with all the features, except the online multiplayer, intact. The visuals are pretty close to the PC version and all of those crazy flashing lights are there. The only thing that made this game less than perfect on the iPad is the controls. There is a mode where you just control the ship with one virtual stick and the shooting/aiming is down automatically. This does make things a lot easier because you only have to worry about the fidgety accuracy of one stick but when do use two, things can get a little frustrating. Still, Beat Hazard Ultra is still one awesome game, especially if you have a lot of songs downloaded to your iOS device. I only have one actually but perhaps this will encourage me to get moe digital music from the Apple.

RATING: 4 out of 5

Apple needs to release a "Dual Circle Pad Pro" for the iPad!

No comments: