○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Of Demons and Inter-Species Animal Mingling

As I have posted yesterday, I stayed up for the launch of Daiblo III for the Personal Computer by Blizzard. And the result of that? Well, unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones who were able to actually sneak into game servers alongside the millions who were plugging in their account passwords and clicking enter like a madman/woman/cat. I was so happy when I was able to actually get authenticated by the server but then after about a couple of minutes of trying to access the database of my characters, which of course were none since I haven't played the game yet, the server timed out on me. After trying intermittently for about half hour, I went to bed. The good news? Well, as soon as I woke up this morning, I was able to get into the game immediately. My friend Dan from Gameolio who was attempting to log in from Australia was able to get in around 3am PDT so apparently it took about 3 hours to get almost everyone into the game. Though I was annoyed that I couldn't get in at launch, I wasn't bitter about it because well, it's only the most anticipated game sequels in the last 10 years so the ridiculous amount of turn out was expected though I still personally think that Blizzy could have handled it a lot better.

The first thing I did early this morning. The spouse wasn't too pleased.

But guess what? One game actually made me stop playing DIII today for a bit and that game was Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II via Steam. I noticed that it was made available to be downloaded earlier than usual for its release day so I did just that immediately. I will tell you that so far, I am very impressed by the game. It is miles better than Episode I, no pun intended. I have only completed 2 and a half zones thus far out of the 4 - and I haven't touched the Metal Sonic scenario yet - but I can tell you that one of the acts is definitely the best stage in a Sonic game like ever. It was totally incredible: I will tell you which one in my review of the game but Sonic fans will probably feel it too while they are going through that act. Then, there is that Dr. Eggman boss battle for the first zone. If all the remaining Eggman bosses in this game are even remotely close to this, then it means that Sonic Team has learned its lesson from the first game - or maybe Dimps just took over the whole thing. I really love how the game teases you with a potential repeat boss then BAM! It's a brand new Eggman boss - woah! I haven't been this excited playing a Sonic game in a very, very long time. That in itself should indicate how good this game really is.

Binary Domain and now this? Sega, welcome back to your godly pedestal!

No comments: