○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, May 4, 2012

Diablo III on the X-Box 360

It looks like Diablo III has reached the X-Box 360... in the form of an advertisement. I am very intrigued by this. Why would Blizzard spend money to advertise on the X-Box 360 dashboard? Perhaps that they think that there are a lot of Personal Computer gamers are multi-platform gamers? Well, that assumption would probably be true and I am one of them. But it would be insane to think that PC gamers who also game on the 360 would not already be informed about Diablo III so isn't it a waste of money to advertise here? Then again, I do know some people who rather game on the 360 than the PC for some weird reason so perhaps Blizzy is aiming at those people? I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Maybe this is a prep for the eventual Kinect-powered 360 version of Diablo III where you move the character by moving your left hand, aim using the right hand, and trigger abilities using voice commands?

 What's next? PlayStation 3 and Wii U commercials on the 360?

2 comments:

Chalgyr said...

It's funny because you joke about the Kinect integration, but I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually shows up. Diablo 3 in general is going to be such a huge deal that while I agree its placement is curious, seeing it advertised almost anywhere is not going to surprise me.

Loner Gamer said...

Oh it's no joke, it's going to happen when the game gets its 360 release. Developers have nothing better to do than toy with the Kinect integration - as exemplified recently by Bethesda and BioWare. I think they should just allow the game to be played with a mouse on the 360 since you can hook up a wireless USB keyboard/mouse easily to the 360 in the first place...