○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Games Played 12/07/2008

Choukkousenki Kikaioh - Dreamcast
Culdcept Saga - X-Box 360
Ikaruga - X-Box 360
Gears of War 2 - X-Box 360
Lego Batman - X-Box 360
Panzer Dragoon Orta - X-Box
Personal Trainer: Cooking - NDS
Söldner-X: Himmelssturmer - PlayStation 3
Super Mario Sunshine - GameCube


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Buster Bros. Collection (1988)
Developer: Hudson Soft.
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 2005


Destroy the evil... balloons?!

This collection contains the three Buster Bros. games that were released in the arcades between the late 1980s and early 1990s. I have seen them during my arcade prowling days and back then, I was always curious about the games but I never had the guts to actually play them. I learned about the console release while visiting Capcom's website several years ago and ordered it straight from them immediately. Like what I had expected from watching others play these games in the arcades, they are hard to master. The goal is to destroy any remaining balloons on each stage - a task that sounds simple enough - but since touching them leads to death and the fact that they multiply when hit, clearing the screen takes good timing and strategy. It's one of the weirdest shooter/puzzle games ever next to Snow Bros. and Tumblepop: I wish arcade perfect ports of those two would make it to the console.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: