○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Resident Evil 5 Platform Decision

After giving it much thought, I have decided to buy the X-Box 360 version of Resident Evil 5. Early reviews of the game have indicated that the PlayStation 3 version contains some frame rate problems even though I thought it wasn't that bad when playing through the demos available for both consoles. The real deal-breaker for me though is being able to play with one of my good friends on the X-Box Live. He owns both consoles and has already picked up the X-Box 360 version of the game in Japan.

In hindsight, I regretted buying Street Fighter IV for the PlayStation 3 despite the wonderful 6-button controller because I have only been able to play the game online with random strangers. I have two or three good friends on the PlayStation Network but they are just not interested in playing that game with me for some reason when I would have been able to have a blast playing it with a couple of people whom I know will always say yes to a session of friendly battle. It looks like I have to keep this additional factor in mind when it comes to the decision making process for multi-player games because in the case of Street Fighter IV, I could have purchased an arcade stick or one of those newer Madcatz 6-button controllers (I have always wanted to get one of these anyway) to make everything right playing the game on the 360.


Winner!

No comments: