○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Games Played 03/16/2009

Ikaruga - X-Box 360
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - X-Box 360
Rock Band 2 - X-Box 360
SingStar - PlayStation 3
SingStar Pop - PlayStation 2
SingStar '90s - PlayStation 2


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Taito Legends (2005)
Developer: Taito Corp.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 11/25/2005


The Ninja Kids is quite imaginative with a lot of enemy variations and cool boss fights.

Taito may be an old-school developer who has been making video games since the beginning of time but that is not a guarantee that all of the 25 games found here are going to be stellar. The standouts are of course Taito's industry-defining Space Invaders series, the lovable The New Zealand Story as well as Bubble Bobble, and the brilliant Rainbow Islands. The Ninja Kids was a surprise for me when I first played this collection - it's one of the most memorable 2D beat-'em-ups ever. There are many games here that I never recall seeing in the arcades or perhaps they just never caught my attention back then so it looks like they are still not catching my attention now. I like simple but when it's also not polished, it's a different story and that is the case with games like Zoo Keeper and Tokio. Though I am happy to experience some of these games once or twice, I probably would never go back to them ever again.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: