○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Games Played 03/06/2009

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X-Box 360
Street Fighter IV - PlayStation 3


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (2005)
Developer: Softmax Co., Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 11/25/2005


If you like simplicity in your role playing games, avoid this one like the plague.

I don't normally buy my games from Gamestop. I would only go there when I cannot find the game I am looking for anywhere else at retail and I want the game in my hands immediately. I got this game at a Gamestop and I remember how the associate was trying to sell me a used copy of it. I am against trade-ins with Gamestop because they buy the games for a minimum amount of money and then selling them back at a high price - just one word for that: ridiculous. People should rent before the do trade-ins, 'nuff said. Magna Carta: Tears of Blood is a Korean role playing game that features an interesting artwork by a famous artist there. I said "interesting" because for the most part, you cannot differentiate between the men and the women. At the beginning of the game, I thought Azel was a girl until I heard him speak during a cut scene. The game follows the battle between humans and the Yason through the eyes of the human mercenary group "Tears of Blood". It's filled with enough intrigue and is very well written. The battle system is unfortunately slow and has complex mechanics involving unnecessary timed button presses and the field's elemental properties. The soundtrack is quite memorable with the exception of the song in the introduction movie that is so bad that it will make your eyeballs roll backwards into your eye sockets while it burns every single neuron in your brain before leaving you brain-dead for a full half-hour.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: