○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Games Played 12/29/2008



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Gunvalkyrie (2002)
Developer: Smilebit
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 03/20/2002


This game will break you... Or your thumb, whichever comes first.

A broken control scheme will almost always destroy a game. Gunvalkyrie is an exception to this rule. There is no doubt that the decision to implement the left analogue stick press as a boost button was a disastrous one - especially the fact that boosting plays a major element in the game - but the game's unique blend sci-fi atmosphere, exciting action, clever platforming, and disturbing storyline made it very playable. Yes, it will lead to a violent sore on your thumb but after playing this for a while, I was able to get use to the game's demanding control scheme. It did take me a long time to get there and playing it again for the first time in years, I found the learning curve to be quite nasty and frustrating...

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: