○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, January 29, 2010

Now Playing Mass Effect 2

I finally completed the Personal Computer version of the first Mass Effect. Even though I know that I was doing more quests - as well as playing at a higher difficulty level - compared to my play-through on the X-Box 360, I still completed the game in about 40 hours and my character ended the game at level 50, just like she did on the console. There were so many details in the storyline that I have forgotten, especially during the final hours of the game so this whole thing was a great refresher session for the sequel. When I transferred my old Shepard to Mass Effect 2, the game provided the option to change her looks and her character class. I am sticking with what I had before. The game provided the transferred character a lot of "bonuses" and some actually derived from a long and rather mundane quest on the first game - brilliant.


Then...


I have only played the first hour of the sequel and I can say that performance-wise, the game runs perfectly on my PC at 1920 x 1080 resolution with all the bells and whistles enabled. Mass Effect 2 is not that big of a jump graphically compared to first game but the graphical details have definitely been bumped up. The game's premise is not what I expected for the sequel to be but I am willing to keep an open mind and just allow things to progress a bit more before I can pass my judgment on it.


...and now.

No comments: