○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mass Effect: The PC Experience

I am so glad that I picked up the Personal Computer release of Mass Effect because this version truly outperforms the reviewed X-Box 360 version. For starters, the crisp, detailed graphics from the console version have been improved using higher texture resolutions and the frame rate runs at a much smoother 60 frames per second - this with all the graphical settings maxed out and the resolution set to 1080p. If I were to play this version first, I would not have been able to tolerate the console version's low frame rate and longer loading time. It almost feels like I am playing a new game, especially with the Quick Slot access that allows usage of abilities without having to pause the game.


My Shepard is going full Renegade! Don't mess with the Commander.


The game's improved beauty is truly captivating.


Oh my galaxy, I still hate Ashley Williams so much.

Since we are on the subject of Mass Effect, the sequel's system requirement for the PC has been announced by BioWare earlier today. I of course skipped the minimum system requirement and analyzed the recommended requirement:

Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX August 2008

I was like... That's it? I mean, this is actually a downgrade to the specification recommended for Dragon Age: Origins and that game runs perfectly on my PC so I know that Mass Effect 2 is going to perform really, really well for me. It makes sense though since Origins is the better looking game comparatively. I am really looking forward to it. I hope that the sequel is going to be implemented into BioWare's Social Network site, just like Origins.

No comments: