○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December 2009 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:




Total Games Played: 62

It should be no surprise that I played Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 the most in December last year. I purchased the game's "Black Label" revision as well when it was released as a downloadable content on X-Box Live. The game is a lot of fun and for those of you who are intimidated by the crazy amount of bullets filling up the screen in the game's more punishing modes, don't be! It's all a matter of practice because repeat play will eventually lead to pattern recognition and no other shoot-'em-up developers can make bullet patterns so mesmerizing like the way Cave makes them. I really do hope that their February 2010 import release of ESPGaluda II is going to be region-free. Especially after charging us extra cash for the "Black Label" revision that should have been included in the game since they claim that they are watching the sale of Mushi Futari to determine the outcome of their future decisions.

Sometimes, restarting a game mid-way through can lead to a slight loss of interest and this happened to Dragon Age: Origins. Sure, there is a lot of content to be found within the game and playing a different character can affect some things in the world around you but going over the same quests again can be a bit boring *cough*Mage*cough*Tower*cough. The good news is that I am now focusing on just one character and she has gone beyond the threshold where I stopped playing my original persona. Things are starting to get interesting again so I expect to have her portion of the adventure completed sometime this month. Besides, I really do need to jump pn Mass Effect in preparation for the sequel that will be arriving... Quite soon!

What's this? An old Nintendo DS game on the top three? With the arrival of a plethora of direct download games for my Personal Computer last month, I found myself constantly distracted from focusing on too many of the larger titles. It's easier to not choose when it comes to the NDS - I usually play whatever I inserted into it for a while - and since I had to do a lot of things for a house party and my Christmas gathering, it's nice to be able to escape the rush of it all with a quick but frequent sessions of Nanostray 2. When I had enough of shooting down enemy ships in that game, I would then switch to Magnetica for a much needed reprieved from all that violence with a little puzzle action.

Best New Game of the Month:
Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (X-Box 360)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Dirt 2 (Personal Computer)

No comments: