○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Walking Dead: An Episode in Impatience

I just completed Telltale Games' The Walking Dead for the Personal Computer tonight after playing through all the 5 episodes over the past two days and I can say that it's the best interactive movie I have played. Forget that superficial Heavy Rain on the PlayStation 3, this game is a lot more horrific and emotional even though the gameplay can sometimes be a bit sparse. I must say that I am glad that I waited until all the episodes became available before I actually played the game because I would not have the patience to wait for each one to show up: I would be in a state of frustration while waiting for them to arrive. I did get the game + the season pass really cheap during a sale and at that time, I believe that only the first 4 episodes were available. I thought back then that there were only 4 episodes and was about to play the game until I realized that one episode was still incoming. With another season for the game coming our way, I plan to do the same again: wait for the game and the season pass - that season pass system is really annoying isn't it? - to drop in price and then wait for all the episodes to be available before playing through them in quick succession. I must say that the spouse actually loves The Walking Dead on television though I myself just couldn't get into it. Personally, I believe that the story presented in this game is actually a lot better than what I saw from the TV show - please don't lock me out of the bedroom for saying that hun! The zombies might get me!

It's not about Lee for it's really all about you.

1 comment:

Chalgyr said...

I still need to play this. My son has beaten it - I have it for the PS3, but I haven't sat down with it yet. Soon. Like you mentioned, I didn't want to even pick it up until all of the episodes were released. I struggle with tv shows for the same reason. I always wait until they're done so I can netflix/hulu/dvd them after the current season ends, so I can just go through it all at once instead of having to wait impatiently. :P