○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, April 17, 2011

PC Upgrade in the Works

So it has been close to 3 years since I upgraded my Personal Computer setup. I am so glad that the PC gaming has slowed down somewhat when it comes to the progression of its graphical technology because for the majority of the time, I have been ahead of the curve but things are definitely a changing. Some of the newer upcoming games have listed my current video card, the GeForce 9800 GTX, as the minimum GPU requirement and seeing things like that do worry me to a degree. The thing is here of course is that I must upgrade to Windows 7 soon to really take advantage of DirectX 10 but when it comes to my PC operating system, I am in a situation where I am going to be able to get the upgrade for free because of my line of work. Things are a bit slow when it comes to that obviously because if not, I would have had Windows 7 right now. I suppose that I can always get the darn thing myself but saving cash is important of course.

The only two elements to my PC build that I feel is necessary to be upgraded at the moment are the OS and the graphics card. So I am going to go ahead and start with the latter. I was hoping that my 9800 GTX would last me about five years. To be honest, it probably would still perform greatly for the next couple of years but the newer games are getting a bit more demanding and you know me, I love maxing out the graphics option. The replacement card that I have decided on is Nvidia's GeForce GTX 460with its 1GB GDDR5 memory and DirectX 11 compatibility. I have placed an order for it and it should be arriving my way soon. I am really looking forward to having it empower my PC graphics while I wait a little longer for my eventual Windows 7 adoption.

Hello there sexy...

No comments: