○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Special Azeroth Resurrection

I activated a "Scroll of Resurrection" for World of Warcraft on the Personal Computer tonight that I received from my friend Dan from Gameolio. Why am I back on WoW? It's because I really do miss playing a massively multiplayer online role playing game. These scrolls provide the opportunity for players who have left the game to return for free for a period of one week. This time around though, Blizzard has up the ante and provided great bonuses for those who resurrected themselves into the game. First and foremost, the account is upgraded to the last expansion, Cataclysm - I stopped playing the game at Wrath of the Lich King so that is a $39.99 value! I was also given the opportunity to bump up my character of choice immediately to level 80! Since my main, Circumstance, the Undead Priest is already level 78 and my secondary character Obscura, the Tauren Druid is level 70, I decided to bless this bonus to Abstinent, the level 4 Goblin Shaman that I played for a little bit in late 2010. Then, Blizzard even provided me the ability to transfer the character to the server where my friend is playing on! I have a feeling that I may actually stick with WoW for a little bit here but I can't say that with absolute certainty. I will see how things fare before I make a definite decision on the matter. If I like it a lot, I may do the one year commitment so that I could score Diablo III for free.

That is quite a generous return package!

Now one other cool thing I must add is that the game download doesn't take the whole entire day anymore and was faster this time around. Still took hours but it didn't clog up my bandwidth for the entire day, no. Apparently, Blizzy had upgraded the client to smooth out the initial setup for new players. The problem with me is that I am so stingy about my hard drive space - even though I have 3 terabyte worth - and I did delete WoW from my computer since the last time I returned to the game last year. So the initial impression of my return has been positive thus far. I hope things will work out this time around because I have always considered WoW to be the best MMO around.

It is funny that this new gobby gets to ride an epic flying mount before my main does.

3 comments:

Chalgyr said...

Those are some pretty cool perks - I'll admit, I hadn't heard of that, but I have been out of the WoW loop for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now. I've twice had accounts, maxed things out, sold it to friends and moved on. Eeeeevery now and then I think: what are my old friends and guildies up to - but then I get distracted by a stack of console games and forget about it again until I read an article like this . :)

Loner Gamer said...

The perks have just been recently inroduced I believe to really get people to come back. WoW can be a bit of a problematic game because it requires a good investment of time and that's always an issue for someone, like myself, who plays on multiple platforms and is interested in different genres of games. I have always loved WoW and it has always been such a conundrum for me.

Chalgyr said...

I agree completely. I have various reasons for why I gave up on woW, but primarily because to 'succeed' you need to put so much time into it. And because you are paying by the month, it feels like to get your 'money's worth' out of it, you need to play and play some more...