○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, December 24, 2010

The Love and Hate of World of Warcraft

Deathwing is awesome and seeing him in the game world is just incredible.

No, the reason why I haven't posted anything in the last couple of days does not have anything to do with World of Warcraft addiction. It actually had to do with my significant other being rushed to the hospital on Wednesday and though  it ended up as nothing serious, I was heavily impacted by that whole episode of course. I did play WoW occasionally over the past couple of days and I have decided that it's not time yet for me to take a permanent vacation to Azeroth. The reason is simple enough: League of Legends. Though they are two separate games, the end game for WoW for me has always been the battelgrounds and the same kind of action, maybe even better, has been supplimented by LoL. It looks like there is a new reward system now for participating in the battlegrounds in WoW but it doesn't seem attractive enough: the gears that you can get from them are still a bt underwhelming at least in terms of their overall appearance. I do like the big changes to the game -the talent tree restructuring, the updated graphics, and the oh so adorable goblins (surely my favorite race now in WoW) - but I know that I will not be playing it as often as I would like.

I don't remember getting experience points from farming herbs. Maybe I have been gone for too long.

Returning to WoW did bring back an overwhelming sense of nostalgia though and it was hard to say no to the whole experience. I used to love this game and I can't say that I don't even to this day. This is something that a lot of people will not be able to understand if they never tried out the game. WoW has its unique charm and it is still the best massively multiplayer online game in existence. I want to level up my new goblin shaman, especially after experiencing the epic new starting point. I have not created a Worgen character yet but they are not that appealing to me, which is shocking because I was jealous when that race was first introduced for the Alliance. Maybe it's my love for the Horde that is causing such change, but I know that it's because I have witness how awesome the goblins truly are: great personalities and detailed, expressive faces.

How can anyone say no to the goblins?

I will not rule out the possibility of playing WoW again in the future. It would be a lie to say otherwise. Perhaps when Blizzard finally decided to cut the subscription fee in half (yeah right). I really can't use the time constraint justification because during my peak WoW career several years ago, I was able to balance out playing the game alongside others. It's just that I know that I will not be maximizing its potential at this point in time. I will miss Azeroth - and my adorable goblin shammy - while I am away.

No comments: