○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Steam and the X-Box Guide Button

The Steam Big Picture mode that is currently in beta is a pretty cool new optional interface for Valve's amazing digital distribution service for the Personal Computer. I would have used it more actually if the cool community stuff still hasn't made it to the new interface. Besides, navigating using the keyboard and the mouse on the default client is a lot more convenient even though I am using my big screen as my PC display. I recently opted to use the beta client again to fix a strange custom grid image bug and while using Steam this morning, I accidentally pressed the X-Box Guide button on my X-Box 360 controller and the Big Picture mode turned on! That was one of the funniest moments in my life. I also discovered that pressing the same button while playing games launched from the Big Picture mode brings up the Steam community interface! Bravo Valve for creating something useful out of Microsoft's extra little button.
 
With a gentle press of the X-Box Guide button... Kaboom!

No comments: