○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, November 5, 2012

Import Shooter Triple-Threat

That recent GunLord induction really got me hungry for more import games. Last week, I finally got Sunsoft Collection for the PlayStation 2 and today, I received Eschatos by Qute for the X-Box 360 and the two games that I never thought I'd be able to get for the Dreamcast: NG:DEV.TEAM's Last Hope: Pink Bullets and Fast Striker Ver. 1.5 - I was so surprised to have found these brand new as well.
 
That's a lot of shooting.
 
I have gotten the "Wonder Price" version of Eschatos - the original print comes with the soundtrack CD and it doesn't have the white border around the cover image but it's being sold for double the price of the "Wonder Price" version. Out of the three games, I have only tested out Eschatos: you are given  access to a vertical shot with a long range, a wide shot with shorter range, and a rechargeable shield as the game throws waves upon waves of enemies towards you rather rapidly - the game feels really fast paced. Eschatos also comes with two WonderSwan shooters, Judgement Silversword: Rebirth Edition and Cardinal Sins: Recycle Edition but since I haven't touched these, I am not sure how they hold up compared to the main attraction. Eschatos uses 3D graphics on a 2D plane and though it is not one of the better looking modern shmup, the constantly moving scenery and strange bosses keep things lively. If you are interested in this game, it's region-free so you can play it on your North American X-Box 360. Thetwo Dreamcast games are region-free as well. I am really looking forward to spending a lot of time with these three games! And can you believe it, my Dreamcast got two more new games! I really love that pink case for Last Hope by the way... Ah, I'm in shmup heaven.

No comments: