○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

That FFXIII - It Makes Me Cry

As you may still remember, I couldn't get to the final moment of Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3 because of a horrible unforeseen circumstance. I was so close to the end but it was just not meant to be. I wanted to start fresh again on that game recently but I just couldn't get myself back to it. Well, now that Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrived via GameFly, I finally got a much needed closure for the first game thanks to the "Beginner's Primer" option that is available on the main menu of the game. In it is the fully-voiced summary of the story from the first game, separated by chapter. I went through each chapter and I was reminded again why XIII is my favorite game in the series, story-wise. Then, I got to "Chapter 13" where I left the game and finally learning what happened at the end of the game shocked me. I just couldn't believe how powerful the ending is. This of course makes me want to revisit the first game again eventually so that I can get the full impact of that mesmerizing climax. I am not going to spoil anything here of course but I am very, very impressed with how things turned out in the end for that game. Alright, now I am finally ready to embark on the sequel! I really hope that this game is going to be as good as its predecessor.

I never saw that coming... What a highly emotional twist!

2 comments:

Chalgyr said...

I am looking forward to eventually playing XIII-2. I thought the first XIII was far better than most people wanted to give it credit for. Bummer on your console though - that had to have hurt.

Loner Gamer said...

It sure did. They don't make consoles properly anymore these days.