○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, February 24, 2012

GameFly: Where Do You Think You're Going?

So I have tried GameFly before and thought it was okay. I already knew that it would impact the way that I normally access my Game Library but I went ahead to give it another go late last month. After renting just three games - I didn't even get to the end of them all, including Final Fantasy XIII-2 for the PlayStation 3 and Gears of War 3 for the X-Box 360 -  I decided to just cancel my subscription again yesterday. But GameFly was very insistent about me staying, unlike Microsoft and its X-Box LIVE Gold membership. When I clicked on the cancel link, they immediately offered a free month deal if I decided to not cancel my subscription and I was like, "What? Well, okay!". Since I am a control freak, I have already returned the two games I rented on Tuesday and I was just waiting for them to receive the games before I hit that cancel button.

If I had anticipated that deal, I would have kept FFXIII-2 because it is a very good game - I was about 30-40 hours in. I am saving that save file of course but I am not sure if the continuation of play will come from rental or ownership. The real question however is whether or not I want to keep GameFly beyond this supplemental subscription time. Perhaps it takes more than a month to get used to the idea of renting games and that GameFly knows this. I am not getting my hopes up though because I realize one thing: Having the amount of games that I have doesn't necessary make me want to go out there and rent games. But the good thing here is that GameFly is really making me even more aware that I have a lot of games at home that I should be paying more attention to.

I may feel sad about FFXIII-2 but at at least now I am getting Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

No comments: