○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bald Rogue Who Smells Like a Corpse

When it comes to customizable characters in video games, I truly despise bad looking hair. It's like the graphics artists who were involve in making these games just don't know how to make 3D hair models. I believe that for the most part, they just don't understand that the representation of hair in a game doesn't have to be realistic. It's just that they just have to look and animate nicely. Let me give you several examples from popular titles of what I consider to be good and bd video game hair:

a) Vanessa's not even manly default hair versus Sarah's gorgeous default ponytail in Virtua Fighter 5.

b) Lili's long but flat default hair versus Zafina's short but slick default hair in Tekken 6.

c) Soraka's diseased mushroom ponytail versus Heimerdinger's healthy afro in League of Legends.

I was hoping that after the hair disappointment found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning would provide better hair options but that is not the case. I didn't pay attention to it when I played the demo via Steam but now that I am playing the game on the PlayStation 3 as a rental from GameFly, I realize that none of the hair available is good enough for my female character. So you know what that means... Bad hair, equals a bald character!

It's smooth and shiny with no possibility of stubble growth...

No comments: