○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

LoL Fans Are Too Darn Creative!

I was checking out the result of Riot Games' The Art of Revelry Contest for League of Legends and I was just so impressed with what I have seen. A majority of these artworks look quite expensive and most importantly, they are truly imaginative. The representation of the characters also looks a lot better than the game's splash art but that should be expected because you don't want those to be too fancy because they need to be in line with the actual in-game character models. My personal favorite is actually not made by the grand prize winners, but the one done by the third place winner, Ayanor, and of course, it immediately became my desktop background:

Beauty in subtlety.

What I love the most about this one is that it is a quieter piece compared to the rest shown. The colors are a little muted to complement that and there are not too many champions being crammed onto the scenery, thus avoiding things from being too forced. And the whole idea of Morgana and Karma having tea together with Morgana dressed up in a Kimono? Beautiful... I have tears in my eyes. And that special item in Karma's hand? Brilliant. Congratulations to all the winners. Click here to check out the result for yourself and download your favorite. Even if you are not a fan of the game, I am sure you can still appreciate the tremendous efforts that were put into the creation of these artworks.

No comments: