○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Flight Risk

I made mentioned of the dichotomy between "owning" and "playing" video games over the past week and I think it's time that I lay out my major gaming plan for the year 2012. I think the spouse's curry beef dinner really hit the spot too and it motivated me to write a little bit more today. About two and a half years ago, I decided to start renting games through GameFly due to curiosity. Renting video games did change the way I play my games, in which I made sure that I dedicate a good amount of time getting through the games that I rented versus my usual mood-dependent gaming. Though I didn't like that feeling of rushing through a game - this can be conquered after spending a lot of time renting I am sure - it was a positive experience overall. The main reason why I stopped renting was because I was moving to my new house and if that didn't happen, I am sure that I would probably still be with GameFly at the moment. I have started looking for restart discounts and when I find one, it's game on. Though it would be easier to find discounts as a new user, I do want to keep my current GameFly account because it is attached to my recently merged Direct2Drive account.

That is a very good question...

The gaming goal for 2012 is to minimize the induction of console games into my Game Library. Of course, there will always be exceptions to that rule. There will always be rented games that I may end up inducting later on in the future and all of this will be tracked in my Rented Games list. The induction rate for Personal Computer games, though possibly impacted by time spent on rented games, would probably remain the same because PC games can't be rented: Please, don't even talk to me about OnLive. The same can be said about the direct download games on the consoles though those will be few and far between. I can't wait to get this started. 2012 will be am interesting year of gaming for me.

No comments: