○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, February 11, 2012

January 2012 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 89

That must be a record breaking number but this high increase stemmed from my latest excursion into the world of iOS gaming with my recently acquired iPad 2. Of course most of these games are the "lite" versions or demos as well as ones that are free to play - most of later ended up being the ones you can't enjoy without spending real cash however. I was in that wild quest to find games as starters for my iOS game library and I am sure that this particular platform will continue to flourish towards the end of the year.

Just shy of one day to complete a full month of playtime domination, League of Legends for the Personal Computer has once again claimed the top spot of the most played game of the month. I was almost certain that January 2012 was the month when the game would be played every single day but alas, that was not the case. I am sure it will happen sometime this year though and it may even happen several times throughout the year.

Because of the iPad excitement from last month, it shouldn't be surprised then that two of the second most played games last month were Bug Princess and Dodonpachi Resurrection. The real surprise however came from Bejeweled 3 for the PC, which is possibly one of the most addictive puzzle games that I have ever played. Just try playing that Diamond Mine mode... You will never be able to stop digging after that.

The third place spot is occupied by two Nintendo games: Mario Kart 5 and Photo Dojo. I have mostly been playing the offline mode for the former. I have only tried playing it online once but I want to complete all the offline cups first before I revisit multiplayer again. As for Photo Dojo, I have been wanting to get the game for a long while but because I didn't want to get a DSi - which ended up being a very smart decision - I missed out on it when it was free to download. It's still worth getting it now however. Even though it's a simple beat 'em up, watching yourself as well as other people or objects doing the fighting from the photos taken via the handheld's camera is just plain hilarious.


This Month's Inductees:


Total Inductions: 23

No comments: