○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, December 31, 2010

Don't Get Hammered, Get Steamrolled Instead!

Today is a great day to shop at Steam thanks to its Holiday Sale that is still going on until this Sunday and I ended up with six new additions to my Game Library. Looking at some of these prices is really changing a little bit of my perspective when it comes to video game spending. Sure, I have accepted the $59.99 (plus tax) norm for console games or the $10 less for the Personal Computer games but my gaming habits seem to work better with waiting for new games to drop down in price versus getting them immediately while they are hot on the market. Well, it is a fact that some games will never take too much of a dip in price but the occurrences of that will be rather minimal, especially knowing where the industry is eventually going to go - hint: direct download will become a prominent method of distribution. I still believe that if you have the money, you should never limit what you want to do with yourself in life. You don't know when your life will end. Being responsible and having fun while you still can is the way I am living mine. There is validity however in paying for games at lower prices even if that means waiting for a while before that happens. It is not like I don't have enough video games occupy my time with...

Got to end the year with a bang.

Perhaps a good way to manage my future ongoing gaming inductions is to attach a higher severity for older games on my Purchase List. I should seriously consider about doing just that but for now, the new games that I got today are Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition, Napoleon: Total War - Game of the Year Edition, Empire: Total War - Game of the Year Edition, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, and Guardians of Graxia. I have so many games on Steam this week that I haven't even installed them all to my hard drive yet. Out of the current batch, I have only installed and played Guardians of Graxis. I love my magic card games and Graxia is no exception. You summon units onto a small grid-based map and move them around to conquer lands and battle it out with your opponent's creatures. There are spell cards to use on and off the battle sequences. The game is rather simplistic, the artwork on the cards doesn't look that impressive, and there is no deck building but it's actually quite entertaining because I am a bit partial towards the genre.

Show me some magic cards and I'd be a happy customer.

As for tonight, I will be celebrating the arrival of the year 2011 - no, still no flying cars and in case you haven't figure out the logic of such prospect: it's not going to happen - in the safety of my home, drinking champagne with my significant other just like we did last year and the years before that. If you plan on going out, stay safe but whatever it is that you have scheduled for this evening, hope you will have a blast! 2010 has been another good year for gaming and I am looking forward to work on my Yearly Gaming Analysis because it's always so much fun to write it, not to mention that it will provide me with invaluable insights about my ever-continuing video gaming experiences.

No comments: