○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Curse of Game Abandonment

Well, after playing a little bit of World of Warcraft earlier this week, I have been in a level-up mood. Browsing through my Game Library, Dragon Age: Origins for the Personal Computer caught my attention. When I looked at my Daily Game Log, the last time I booted up Dragon Age: Origins was in March of this year. I have played this game for a combination of 100+ hours across 5 different characters but sadly, I have not completed the campaign for any of those characters yet! I tried loading up my favorite character, the cold but sensitive female Champion/Berserker but I felt so lost playing her again. The battles just didn't flow as smoothly they used to because I am no longer familiar with the team synergy of my party members. I am sure that if I continue playing the character, everything will eventually come back but it was just not fun at all. So I decided to create a new character and after hours upon hours of creating and then deleting my new characters - hey, if I didn't like the character because of his/her looks from a particular angle or if I messed up his/her skill builds, why should I continue right? - I think that I may have finally found my one true hero! The funny thing about this character however is that he is a human warrior - a dashing Cousland - so he shares the same back story as my favorite character mentioned earlier. What is going to be different however is that I am going to have this character skilled in two handed weapons versus dual-welding, so that should create a big gameplay difference between the two. Also, this character will not be distracted by the forever popular Alistair. Once I have finished playing this new character, perhaps I could even go back to the others and complete their tales. I have abandoned this game for way too long and it's time to finally honor it with a complete playthrough.

I am certainly enjoying the subtle changes to the conversations...

No comments: