○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

November 2010 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 42

Well, what do you know - League of Legends on the Personal Computer has taken the number one spot of most played game again for the fifth month in a row. Up to this point, this game still feel amazingly fresh every single time I play it and the fact that Riot Games keeps bringing in new champions almost every other week helps that a lot. You see, every time a new champion is introduced, the player has to learn the intricacies of that champion - his or her strengths and weaknesses - and this is true even when you are not playing that champion because one of your teammates or opponents may select that champion. Team dynamics are changed as well with the arrival of new champions. Still, even without these new additions, your team roster as well as the enemy's changes each time you play and these players bring different sets of efficiencies with them, making the game forever unpredictable, keeping the players on their toes at all times. Brilliant stuff.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the PC took second place last month. Despite the rather buggy start with the graphics issues, it's hard not to love all the good things about this game: the crazy speed, the mesmerizing locales, the cop chases... This games celebrates everything we love about racing games. The only thing that holds me back from playing this really is that I keep booting up LoL whenever I decided to play a game on the PC!

Three games tied for third place - the first is My French Coach for the Nintendo DS. It's a great tool to supplement my study of the language. I don't use it often enough though when I really should be doing that. Second is Nanostray 2 for the NDS. I was looking for a quick shoot-'em-up to play before going to bed during the Thanksgiving weekend and it was the first game that popped into my head. Last and certainly least is Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I on the X-Box 360 - as disappointed as I was with the game, I did try to give it many opportunities to redeem itself. The result? The stages were still fun but those bosses made me very sad every time I encountered them.

Best New Game of the Month:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Nintendo Wii)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
DanceMasters (X-Box 360)

No comments: