○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rich in Games?

I stumbled upon a funny comment left on one of my silly YouTube videos yesterday where I showcased my Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS games. "you are rich I think" the comment stated and that really made me laugh. I responded with "I just don't trade in my games at Gamestop :) I keep them all."

It took some time to fill up those media towers.

It's always fascinating how people view wealth and its definition will vary from person to person of course. Generally though, it is all related to how much cash you have amassed and how you go about spending them. If I was one of those collector types who would pay high prices for rare games all the time, then yes I would then consider myself rich in that conventional sense. I can tell you honestly that I don't make a lot of money. The almost never-ending list of items on my Purchase List should reflect that. Sure I have an almost infinite desire for more games that perhaps could never ever be satiated and that may have contributed somewhat to the length of the list. If I was rich however, I would make sure that the list is short all the time since I would be able to afford them easily.

I used to get my own copies of movies until several years ago.
Not anymore though. Who knows if that will happen to my video gaming life as well.

After putting aside money for basic but important things like food, bills, and savings (and things that my significant other loves) I do however spend what remains on my video gaming hobby. Since these games don't evaporate into thin air nor do they get processed through our digestive system, they do keep their physical forms and the need for space will continue to expand as more and more of them are accumulated... At least until the arrival of the new era of full direct download for game software, something that I hope will be here soon because I don't want to completely run out of space in my Game Room.

I started keeping my gaming items early but not early enough.

I know there are a lot of people out there who have twice or even more video gaming items in their collections compared to what I have. I do suspect that these individuals a) have more money to spend on these things, or b) started to accumulate their games earlier than me. However, I never see them as being "rich" people. The bottom line is that you don't have to be rich to have an expansive video game collection. You just have to be smart about it by keeping what you picked up and you also have to be patient about the whole process because it will definitely take some time... and a little bit of money.

Decide what is valuable in your existence and stay true to yourself to enjoy living your life.

No comments: