○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Game Alert: Puzzle Solved Edition!

The Personal Computer version of Infinite Interactive's Puzzle Quest 2 finally arrived today. The game is a couple of dollars more expensive than the X-Box 360 edition (still way cheaper than the Nintendo DS version) but the mouse control is a definite plus. Unlike Gyromancer, moving the gems around the puzzle board feels a lot more intuitive and natural with the mouse and it's very easy to move about the game inside and outside the actual puzzle battles. I must say that my extra-heavy PC gaming of late has really caused some problems for my wrist so half of the time, I did play the game using the 360 controller, which is of course a really ironic thing. Now that I have played the game a bit more extensively, I can definitely see its improvement over the original. The one thing that helps this game the most is its large characters and that you are moving your character through beautiful locations versus a zoomed out overhead map from the original. This PC version is published by Namco - weird - and it does feature online multi-player. Unfortunately, the "Tournament Mode", where you create a team of monsters to fight against another team, is left offline here unlike the 360 version - definitely something to consider if you are trying to decide which one to get between the two releases. The Steam release comes with a hefty amount of achievements for those who care about them.

Red Death wants your soul, Goblin and this game wants the soul of its players!

No comments: