○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Game Alert: Jewel Monsters Edition!

After my recent disappointment with the Puzzle Quest 2 demo on the X-Box 360 with it seemingly being a dumbed down version of the original, I had been thinking about PopCap Games' Gyromancer. I tested the Steam version yesterday but I didn't like the fact that it doesn't have any controller support and its slower pace just feels awkward with the mouse. Thus, I decided to get the 360 version. The game is basically a combination of Pokémon, Puzzle Quest, and Bejeweled and it is as addicting as all three of those games combined. The mechanics of the game is based off Bejeweled Twist where you rotate 4 jewels clock-wise to try and match 3 or more of the same color. I really prefer the jewel-matching action found here than the one in Puzzle Quest because there is no time limit involved when you are trying to decide what to do next and it is your action/inaction that would impact how fast the enemies attack you. I am really enjoying it so far. The game's simplistic graphical presentation for the maps and story scenes don't bother me much because at least the actual jewel board looks pretty, especially during the destruction of matched jewels. As for Puzzle Quest 2, I plan to give it another look once the PC version comes out but I may just stick with the first game and perhaps get Galactrix instead.

The monsters may be static but there are always something crazy happening between them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah it´s fun but it gets boring if you play it for a long time. It´s meant to be played in short sessions.