○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Free to Play Magic

The success of Riot Games' League of Legends has made me very curious about "free to play" massively-mulitplayer online role playing games on the Personal Computer. I browsed through a bunch of them - I really wanted to play the beat-'em-up/RPG infused Dungeon Fighters Online but it just wouldn't run on my PC - and I have set my eyes on Runes of Magic by Runewaker Entertainment after seeing gameplay videos of it. The game is your typical MMO but the art style is quite attractive. The game has been often compared to World of Warcraft and since I used to absolutely love WoW, I may be in for a treat. I am installing the client right now and I am really looking forward to testing it out. The problem here is that based on my research, spending real money in the game's shop becomes somewhat of a must at higher levels. I surely hope that will not be the case. Then again, it's probably less than the monthly fee one pays to play these kind of games in the first place. I shall find out soon enough.

Runes of Magic, here I come!

No comments: