○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, August 21, 2010

New Games Alert: Ain't Afraid to Buy Games Edition!

3 new titles are inducted into my Game Library today. The first is the Ghostbusters: The Video Game for the X-Box 360. The the Personal Computer version was missing the game's multi-player elements and the PlayStation 3 version has inferior graphics, thus the choice of console. I am not a huge franchise fanatic - though I did absolutely enjoy The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series from the late 1980s - but I really like the thought behind the game since it is was made with major involvement from Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis as well as the cast of the films . Egon Spengler has always been my favorite member of the Ghostbusters team: The brainy, smart main characters always interest me.

The next game is Ys Seven for the PlayStation Portable. It is an action role playing game of the legendary Nihon Falcom series. For the longest time, this game has been under my radar because I thought it was a PSP remake of the The Ark of Napishtim specifically for the PSP - actually, that was already released several years ago. When I learned that it was actually the latest entry for the series, I couldn't resist picking it up. As a matter of fact, it was the real reason why I even went out today. The other two games are just happen to be accidental casualties...

Last but not least, Red Steel 2 for the Nintendo Wii. I avoided the first game like the plague because it made a mockery of the WiiMote with its false promise of 1:1 motion control. This sequel has supposedly accomplish what the first game failed to attain and of course the futuristic-western setting is very inviting. The game is played in first person and your cool looking cowboy assassin uses both a sword and a gun. On my way back home, my significant other was looking through the games that I got and was excited to try out this game (woah... heaven). The attraction had something to do with the following statement from the back of the box: "Strike with deadly precision using a sword and a gun-". I guess that description is capable of telling people that the game is very easy to play or something. Notice that I got the copy bundled with the optional Wii "Condom" and the Wii MotionPlus. I already own one MotionPlus from Wii Sports Resort but as you know, for some reason I just had to have at least an extra one just in case my significant other eventually turn into an avid game... Yeah right. Then again, you just never know.

Who you gonna call? Your favorite local gaming store to see if they have a game in stock.

No comments: