○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Ragers' Nest in LoL

I have played League of Legends on the Personal Computer for quite some time now and compared to games like Demigod and Heroes of Newerth, the game's community is for the most part, welcoming. I have written about it many times in the past but there is just something about these online battle arena games that make people go completely bonkers. Things have taken a turn for the worse in LoL. I am sad to say, as I am moving closer and closer towards the level cap of 30, the occurrence of encountering a verbal abuser is getting more and more frequent. I think over the last couple of days, I got "yelled at", ridiculed, and treated like I wasn't even human at least once every 2-3 games. The thing is, I really could care less about these jerks but of course, being treated like you are a bane to the existence of the game by your own team member while you are trying to accomplish a team goal is disheartening to say the least. I am pretty diligent in reporting these individuals though and I would always take the time after these affected each game to narrate the specifics of the incidents to Riot Games using the LoL client's convenient report function. There is no shame in doing so: I know I am helping out the community, one jerk at a time.

You win some, you lose some, but you should never leave them.

If you do play the game and you are tired of teaming up with these kind of people, feel free to send me an email at loner.gamer@yahoo.com. I would like to get a friendly team together for a LoL session. I must warn you though that:

1) I don't curse and I don't get upset when I die in the game nor would I do so when I lose a match. This doesn't mean that I don't care about staying alive or working hard to win that match.

2) I am willing to take constructive criticism and when I talk to you about strategies and champion builds, I will only do so politely.

3) I am not a perfect player and I would like to continue getting better and better at this game. I view both my successes and my failures as learning opportunities.

4) I don't expect you to be a perfect player. I hope to learn from both your successes and your failures.

5) I think that the Summoner's Code is totally rad!

If you don't play LoL but all of these talks about getting verbally abused by arrogant players excite you - or perhaps it was the flowery parts that got you going - make sure to sign up for your account and start playing the game! It's completely free!

No comments: