○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, August 23, 2010

Red Steel 2 Heartbreak

I mentioned on Saturday that my significant other was excited about trying out Red Steel 2 for the Nintendo Wii. Well, several hours ago, the possibility of me having an offline video gaming partner was put to the test. After merely several minutes of the beginning tutorial that involved moving the camera and shooting the gun, my significant other handed me back the nunchuk and the WiiMote. It's not the game's fault for sure - the controls for Red Steel 2 is incredibly accurate and it really showcases what the MotionPlus is capable of. It's just that my significant other is really not used to holding any gaming controller comfortably. I explained that it all takes practice, just like everything else in life. I only had a 20+ years head start when it comes to my familiarity with video games but it didn't take a long time for me to get really good at with controlling something on the screen using a handheld device when I first started gaming. I was hopeful that this game - as unlikely a candidate as it may be - to be the turning point in the video gaming portion my romantic relationship. We can't force everyone to love the same things we enjoy. That's just life.

If you are not a gamer, you are not a gamer.

No comments: