○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Scott Pilgrim Frustration

A game like this doesn't come to us very often.

I just finished playing the demo of Ubisoft's new Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game on the PlayStation 3 and I am mighty impressed. The game is a love letter to the 2D beat-'em-ups of old and it offers up to 4 player co-op play. I am really loving the purposely pixelated but beautiful 2D graphics - this is how you make a proper visual reference to the classic games from our past (I am looking at you Mega Man 9 & Mega Man 10). Here's the dilemma though - you can't play the game with other players online. The guys at Ubisoft must be completely insane... Well, we figured that when they released Assassin's Creed II for the Personal Computer with that nonsensical digital rights management tool. But this is just totally ridiculous. I may be alone on this one though because I still don't have people to play games with locally. The game is meant to be played with others and it looks like I will miss out on that when I finally unlock the full game. Before playing this game, I wasn't even remotely interested in watching the film even though it looked rather offbeat thus interesting. The game actually made me want to go watch the movie! I really hope that Ubisoft will come to their senses and release a patch that allows the game to be played online in the future.

No comments: