○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Return to Newerth Experience Report

I purchased my Heroes of Newerth account on Thursday and even since then, I have ensured that I dedicated several hours playing that game every day. I have been playing the "No Stats" games so far to re-acclimate myself to the game. HoN is a bit more restrictive and complex than League of Legends but I am starting to get better at it. I have only been playing the "No Stats" matches - no impact on the player statistics - and to be honest, I can probably keep playing this mode for a long time to come. I don't care much about stats and climbing up the ladder if it means that I can play with sane people - the people I have been playing with have been okay except for a few arrogant jerks that would show up every so often: Yes, including those who would angrily call you a "noob" in a "noob only" match. The overall feel of the community is somewhat different - a tad quieter - than I remember it to be but maybe because I am not playing ranked matches. The "Report a Player" function may have a positive impact on the community after all because there are many times now that people would remind each other to stay calm and to just have fun playing the game when someone started to rage. The problem with "No Stats" matches is that people tend to leave mid-game quite regularly because they are not penalized for quitting early. My plan here is to perhaps find a couple of friendly people while practicing and then teaming up with them for the ranked matches. The verdict: so far, so good.

PS: I can see the 4th of July fireworks from my Game Room window at
my new place. Awesome! Happy 4th of July everyone!

I haven't reported anyone yet because they haven't been that abusive.

There is no shortage of "No Stats" matches and that is a very good thing.

No comments: