○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, July 30, 2010

New Games Alert: Quest 'n Craft Edition!

Some of you have sent personal messages asking me why I haven't own a copy of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty for the Personal Computer yet. Well, I wasn't in that much of a hurry to get it. It's not like it's Diablo III but today, I did manage to get my copy of the game. StarCraft II is a science-fiction real time strategy game in case you are not sure what the game is all about. I was in the beta for quite some time though I didn't play the game that obsessively then. I am not that great at the player vs. player matches and I didn't take the time to really hone my skills at it. It's never too late to get that going though but I am more excited about the campaign than anything else. Beware! The game took such a long time to install so don't expect that you would be able to jump on it immediately when you pick it up! By the way, I almost got the ridiculously expensive Collector's Edition of the game but one of the extra contents really made me think twice about the purchase: the World of Warcraft pet. I don't think I will ever get to use that because I have considered that my WoW career had reached its end a long time ago so it feels like a waste to own that while having no ability to actually use it. I will surely miss the awesome CE box though.

Another game inducted into my Game Library today is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies for the Nintendo DS. I was probably not the only person who got disappointed by the announcement that the newest installment to this legendary role playing game series would hit the technically challenged Nintendo DS after the last outing of it being on the PlayStation 2. Well, I was so shocked to see just how magnificent this game looks on the DS - if not for the simpler polygonal models and the occasional pixelation issues, this game could easily be mistaken for a PlayStation 2 game. So I think that in the end, Square Enix made the right decision releasing this for the DS because of its large pool of potential customers. If you ever doubted the DS' 3D graphics capabilities, this is the game you need to witness to change that perception.

The arrival of two eagerly anticipated sequels.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why didin´t you buy the digital version? i´ve heard that if you don´t wanna pay a montly fee you have to buy the digital version.

Loner Gamer said...

I don't agree with paying the same price for a digital copy of the game. The cool thing here is that once you've registered the game key on Battle.net, if you ever lose your retail copy, you can always install the game again by downloading the files directly from the website.

And no, there's no monthly fee required to play the game online - at least for North America.

Anonymous said...

That´s a good thing.
Then maybe what i´ve heard only aaplies to my country (too bad for me :( )