○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins Performance Report

I am currently a couple of hours into Dragon Age: Origins, a game that is surely shaping up to be BioWare's best role playing game to date, and it's nice to discover that the game is running very smoothly on my Personal Computer. I am running it at 1920 x 1080 with all of the graphical settings set to maximum - with full anti-aliasing nonetheless - and the frame rate is high and rock solid. The quickbar-heavy gameplay is so polished that it really reminds me of playing a good modern day massively-multiplayer rpg: namely, World of Warcraft. If this is a sign of things to come, BioWare's upcoming MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, will certainly be a force to be reckoned with. I still say that they should abandon the MMO-thing and just release that game as a single player experience. Dragon Age: Origins is going to own my soul for a long while and I love BioWare's new Social Network community where you can create an online gamer profile similar to the ones found on the X-Box 360 and the PlayStation 3. The game keeps track of pertinent gameplay information and updates them to the site for all to see. You can post your favorite screenshots there as well! I am loving this game a lot.


BioWare's rich storytelling is still the most engrossing part of the game.


The A.I. customization reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy XII.


Yes, the PC version has "Achievements" too for those who are crazy about them.

No comments: