○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gaming with Ranidaphobia

The fear from everyday life can sometimes manifest itself strongly while playing a video game. As if it wasn't enough that I have major trouble playing games that revolves around open water, today, I was in for a shocking surprise when I encountered a giant frog in Trine 2 for the Personal Computer.

It's so disgusting! Get it off the screen now!

Yes, it's true. Yours truly is scared of frogs. Of course the fact that the frog I encountered here  is so huge and animated brilliantly made the whole thing quite unbearable. Thankfully, it didn't last very long but I was pretty much looking away from the screen during the short ordeal. There have been plenty of frogs in games before but only a few of them managed to scar me for life because most of them are either too unrealistic and non-threatening or that they do not have any major impact on the gameplay. The evil frogs that can paralyze you in Dark Souls for the PlayStation 3 can make me flee the Game Room, especially when they have me cornered. Even when they are dead, pushing against their nasty jelly like bodies can easily churn my stomach. The most violent reaction I ever had was that one boss encounter in Devil May Cry 4 for the PS3 when you thought that you were fighting two ice maidens and then all of a sudden, this huge frog just jumped out at you from the shadows. I jumped so high that night, I may have been mistaken for a frog myself. I think I may have wet my pants too. That was just so mean. Just meeting a big toad is scary enough, but coupled with that ambush, it was psychologically damaging. The funny thing about my fear of frogs is that I don't have any problems with tadpoles when they still look like a fish. But as soon as those legs grow out, I would be out of there. Frogs are slimy, frightful creatures. Their mouths are too big, it's like you can lose a fist in there. That's how I have always felt about them since I was a little boy and apparently, it's just something that I have to live with for the rest of my life.

No comments: