○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's Busy in X-Box Land

"Bardnoon Lord see what's happening on Xbox" the subject of the email from Microsoft reads. Wow, I thought to myself, Let's see what kind of exciting gaming development we have over on the X-Box 360 shall we? With bated breath and wearing nothing but my boxers, I proceeded to open the email:

The battle begins? No, it has ended a long time ago.

It's interesting that all these X-Box 360 promotional emails mostly focused on selling movies and music and NOT video games - notice the two measly items underneath that humongous section for The Hunger Games in which Microsoft received so much money for in pushing the movie out to the 360 users. Not included in the screenshot above is a whole section about "Katniss Trains with a Pro" as the footer of the email. While Valve further strengthens itself recently with the new Steam Community Update that really focuses on gaming content, Microsoft's plan is still to prioritize non-gaming access to what was supposed to be primarily a gaming console. I know people who just use the 360 primarily as an expensive Skype and Netflix streaming device. It's sad but these people are stupid. I am at the point in my life where if I will be happy with gaming as long as I have my Steam. My current consoles as well as future ones don't matter so much. I am still a fan of games versus platforms of course so when there are a games I am interested that are made for specific platforms, I would still pursue those games. Still, it seems like developers are beginning to wisen up these days and start to see Steam as a good place for them to make money. You know what they say, once you embrace Steam, everything else just stinks.

No comments: