○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rift Warfront Joy

I have finally started getting into the player versus player element of Rift for the Personal Computer by participating in the game's first Warfront called The Black Garden. I have been feverishly looking for this mode ever since I came back to the game on Thursday and I finally found it when I arrived at the Defiant main city of Meridian.  The funny thing is that the option has always been available from the game interface all this time and you can join the queue from anywhere, just like how the system was later implemented in World of Warcraft. Since I thoroughly enjoyed the Battlegrounds in WoW and also the multiplayer online battle arena games like League of Legends, I am really enjoying myself at the moment and I have even abandoned my questing just to participate in one Warfront after another.

Meridian in the distance.

The concept behind The Black Garden is simple. It is a 10 versus 10 match where players converge towards a central area to fight for an object called "The Fang of Regulos". Whichever team that reaches 500 points first wins the match and you gain persistent points when one of your team members is carrying the fang. You also gain points for your team when you kill a member of the opposing team. The player who is carrying the fang bears the corruption of the object and is constantly taking damage as well as being weakened by it. This is an interesting deviation of the capture the flag objective that I am familiar with at Warsong Gulch in WoW. It's hectic and full of action while avoiding boring "turtling" tactics because you really have to stay on the fang carrier, whether friend or foe, at all times and the area is small enough to accomodate that need! This is the only Warfront that is available for me at my 16th level so I'm looking forward to try out the others... Assuming that I am able to level up that quickly before September arrives.

Not as fun as LoL but it's fun enough to make me play it constantly.

No comments: