○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Limbo is Nasty

Today, Limbo by the independent developer Playdead has finally made it to the Personal Computer via Steam. Limbo is a platform adventure game with a simple setup: "Uncertain of his sister's fate. a boy enters LIMBO...".. The PC version is $5.00 cheaper compared to console releases. I was in for a surprise when I received the game as a gift - I just completed playing a League of Legends match when the gift notification popped-up on my screen: Thanks Felix, it was extremely generous of you! So after the quick download, I started playing it and I was extremely shocked by the game's... violence. From watching some of the gameplay footage and screenshots in the past, I knew that the game would contain a really dark overtone but I didn't expect that the representation of deaths in this game were going to be so disturbing. Thus, Limbo is one nasty game... but in a good way. I am really enjoying its unapologetic sense of cruelty, the stark black and white visuals, and the thick atmosphere of dread. I sure hope that everything will turn out alright for the boy in the end but I wouldn't be surprised if it all ends with something incredibly menacing judging from how the game is progressing thus far.

Limbo offers a wide variety of excruciating deaths for the little boy.

FIRST IMPRESSION: 5 out of 5

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the deaths were disturbing. Silent deaths are always the painful ones