○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Games Played 07/12/2009

Demigod - PC
Raiden Fighters Aces - X-Box 360
Rhythm Heaven - NDS
Rune Factory: Frontier - Wii
Savage 2:A Tortured Soul - PC


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


24: The Game (2006)
Developer: SCEE Cambridge Studio
Platform: PlayStation 2
Purchase Date: 04/29/2006


Michelle, send in the medic now! They cut off my pretty fingers!

While I am not a devout follower of this highly popular Fox TV series, I have seen my share of 24. I mean, you can't help but indulge in a little bit of counter-terrorism action every now and then to make you feel better about the current state of the world you live in. The game was definitely an impulse buy for me and what really convinced me to pick it up on that fateful day was the developer: SCEE Cambridge Studio. There was no doubt in my mind that for its bargain price, I was going to experience some hot Jack Bauer action. That is not necessarily the case unfortunately. It's astonishing that the same people who brought us Ghosthunter and Primal - two beautiful titles that showcase the technical prowess of the PlayStation 2 - are capable of such mediocrity. 24's graphics are poor with muddy textures and strange looking character models. I know that these guys can do better judging from their two previous games mentioned earlier and the only explanation to this atrocity is that maybe they were rushed to release the game. But that is not a good excuse when the result is this bad. The game is faithful to its source material with a lot of the show's trademark timer and split screens popping up everywhere in the game - even during gameplay, how brilliant is that? The problem is that the action is very generic - be it the third person shooter or the puzzle solving sections - and the game is incredibly easy. The storyline takes place between Season 2 and Season 3 and it is quite good. Fans of the show will no doubt forgive the game's simplicity over the complex narrative. Just think of this as a more demanding interactive movie to have a decent time with it but you must have a strong stomach to endure the horrendous graphics.

LIBRARY STATUS: 2 out of 5

No comments: