○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nostalgia Tuesday: Beyond the Lies

I walked into my Game Treasury today and while moving some stuff around, I stumbled into the little PlayStation 3 booklet that was distributed during the console's launch. I started laughing as soon as I got to the first page:

The word "lies" was mentioned in there. In hindsight, it was obviously an omen.

"Beyond power. Beyond limits." it said. Then, "Beyond evolution." With the announcement of the PlayStation 4, all of those lofty claims became utter lies. But you know what is more amazing here? It's the fact that the PlayStation 3 is indeed capable of fulfilling those promises but its life got cut short unnecessarily. You already know how I feel about this. I know there's not much that can be done about it, but it doesn't mean that I can ever forgive the level of disgust and filth associated with the abandoned promises, especially knowing that Sony started working on the PS4 not too long after the release of the PS3, a secret revealed by Mark Cerny the uh, "brilliant" mind behind the PS4's already outdated specs and that, uh "blockbuster" game Knack.

No comments: