○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PS Vita: Make Your Own Bundle

Recently, I had a change of heart in regards to the PlayStation Vita and after sleeping on it over the past several days - thanks hun for helping me with the decision-making process - I got a unit sitting in my Game Room right at this moment. I decided to skip the Limited Edition, extremely ugly, Crystal White Vita. The main reason for that should be pretty darn clear: the unit looks really nasty. Secondly, the game included with the unit is not something that I desperately wanted to play and it didn't seem to run that smoothly on the Vita. Last but not least, the 4GB memory card that came with it would become obsolete because I also got the 32GB memory card and I wouldn't be able to use it with any other device. The cool thing here is that Fry's Electronics was selling the standalone unit at a much cheaper price and I was even able to score the 32GB memory card for a good discount. Add two really cheap $10 range games that I actually wanted to play and I got myself the L.G. PS Vita Starter Bundle.

The OLED screen is bright and beautiful but it isn't HD.

I haven't spent a lot of time with the unit yet. I still don't know how to change the lock-screen wallpaper even but I have tested the two games I got. I am happy to see that both of them do not have long loading times like I have experienced with the store display unit. I have heard that the digital version of Vita games have longer load times than the physical copies and that seems rather silly to me. I must say that I think Reality Fighters is a really cool game. Sure, it may not be the best fighting game ever but since you can use people's faces and customize your own stages using anything that you can capture on the Vita camera, the game sure is entertaining. As far as Dynasty Warriors Next is concerned, well, it's a Dynasty Warriors game and I just love the series. So yes, I must say that I am enjoying my little Vita. Perhaps I was too quick to cast it aside because from what I can tell playing around with it, the Vita seems to have a lot of potential. There's a sad amount of interesting games for it at this time though so I will probably end up playing the digital PlayStation Portable games on it a lot more than Vita titles for a while.

This game is what Nintendo's Photo Dojo should have been.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have many fond memories of sending entire units flying in Dynasty Warriors. :D Hopefully the PSP version will be as good as the consoles.

Loner Gamer said...

I am very pleased to find out that this Vita version is actually pretty good. The only disappointing thing about it is the forced touch-screen mini games. The game also went Inifinity Blade during the duels and I was like, "Hey I want a REAL game, not a touch screen app game!"