○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

February 2011 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 30

It's probably clear by now that it is going to take a miracle to overthrow League of Legends on the Personal Computer from the number one spot of the most played game of the month. There were times when I really didn't feel like playing the game though and that happened when I played with nasty, negative team members. I have learned to ignore rude comments while playing this game but when they happen repeatedly over consecutive games, the desire to continue playing the game is lessen. I still hope that I can complete a team full of good friends to play the game with eventually.

The renewed focus and determination I put forth for Guild Wars on the Personal Computer last month resulted in the game taking the second place slot. Sadly, it didn't last long enough and I ended up playing the game only for a period of nine days. I still have great interest in it but it's going to be hard to get back into the game now that I have started playing other role playing games like Two Worlds II, Sacred II, and even Neverwinter Nights 2 that I just reinstalled today!

The third place went to Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the Nintendo DS. My hunger for role playing games last month got projected onto the handheld arena as well. At first, I was going to continue Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story but I then remembeted that I never completed Partners in Time. Not that they are chronological but I prefer that older game anyway in terms of overall fun. Both titles are the best role playing games for the system but I will probably take a break from the series after I completed Partners in Time before going back to Bowser's Inside Story because of the similarity in gameplay.

Best New Game of the Month:
Two Worlds II (Personal Computer)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Dead Space 2 (PlayStation 3)

I Missed You, I Want You Game of the Month:
Radiant Historia (Nintendo DS)

No comments: